20 gallon high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need stocking ideas for a 20 gallon high I'm thinking I want one Betta for sure anything I can put with him?

Male betas are generally very aggressive, there are cases where they can live in a community setting, but not very often and not recommended.

Bettas are in community tanks a lot, I think they can be more often the not. As long you you stay away from an fish with bigger fins, I think things will go fine. I have mine with shrimp, pearl gourami, German blue ram, and cory cat. You could also do some other bottoms dwellers like kuhli loaches. I would say a couple platy or swordtails would work too.

So what do you think about

1- Crowntail Betta
4- black Kuhli loaches

And some small tetra any ideas there?

I think about five black skirt tetras would look very cool while not taking the spotlight away from the beta. Any darker tetra would work for this, and would give the tank lots of activity.

That sounds actually very cool I have been looking into black phantom tetras as well would this work instead?

Yeah those would look awesome. Since they're a little smaller you could probably put a few more in too, like 6-7. I think that would look sweet

Ok sounds cool I'm thinking a black sand bottom with a stock of

1- Betta
5- Kuhli loaches or Cory cats
6- Black skirt tetras

Back
Top Bottom