20 long... suggestions??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was leaning towards rams as the centerpiece fish, but i still haven't decided. How many pairs of rams could i put in there? I would also like to know the different kinds of smaller cichlids and exotic fish.
thank you

For my 20 long I'm doing a pair of German blue rams, 10 neon tetras, and another small school maybe. I really like neons

I was leaning towards rams as the centerpiece fish, but i still haven't decided. How many pairs of rams could i put in there? I would also like to know the different kinds of smaller cichlids and exotic fish.
thank you
One pair.
Kribs are small, but I would not add any other fish with them in a tank that size. Shell dweller cichlids are small, but I would also do a species only tank with them personally. Golden dwarf cichlids. Apistos. 1 keyhole cichlid.
What do you mean exotic? Most of the tropical fish we all keep are from other places, so technically they are all exotic. Do you mean unusual?

absolutangel04 said:
One pair.
Kribs are small, but I would not add any other fish with them in a tank that size. Shell dweller cichlids are small, but I would also do a species only tank with them personally. Golden dwarf cichlids. Apistos. 1 keyhole cichlid.
What do you mean exotic? Most of the tropical fish we all keep are from other places, so technically they are all exotic. Do you mean unusual?

Ya ill probably end up getting rams. I don't know what kind yet...

Ya ill probably end up getting rams. I don't know what kind yet...
Personally, I suggest Bolivians, but that is just because I have them and like them. In general, they tend to be hardier than gbr. I never hear horror stories about Bolivian rams being the bane of somebody's fishkeeping experience.:) But, thats just me.

absolutangel04 said:
Personally, I suggest Bolivians, but that is just because I have them and like them. In general, they tend to be hardier than gbr. I never hear horror stories about Bolivian rams being the bane of somebody's fishkeeping experience.:) But, thats just me.

I think I like german blue rams better. But both are beautiful. :)

So I have been to only one lfs near me so far, other than petsmart and petco. They seem pretty good and all their fish look very happy. But I can't quite remember if they have pairs of rams... I don't think they did. If I can't find any locally should I try to find some online?

So I have been to only one lfs near me so far, other than petsmart and petco. They seem pretty good and all their fish look very happy. But I can't quite remember if they have pairs of rams... I don't think they did. If I can't find any locally should I try to find some online?
I have seen rams for sale on here frequently from good sellers. Also, you can ask your petstores if they can order them for you. My PetCo can order blue rams in. I have considered doing that.

Back
Top Bottom