20g high half way done ^_^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
so its about time i showed my tank to all you folks, like the title says its about 50-60% done, i still need to add 1 more piece of DW, and also start adding in some plants, i prob wont be adding plants until jan/feb because i still need to fix my 55g around november/december, hehe but my stocking is complete, the only thing i would add now is just one or two amano shrimp, which most likely be around next year because i read that they need a really established tank... i think i did pretty good for my first tank =]

my stock list is:

9 bloodfin tetras
6 julii cories
1 BN male pleco

i am a little overstocked =P but i think adding the 2nd filter should help with the filtration A LOT

img_1147331_0_a2b14ad44a6c5476acafd4eefed123c7.jpg

img_1147331_1_d61cc84850ad764f25cc79e8293cc57f.jpg

img_1147331_2_d28c59179e5d5c98ef687a423deaff3b.jpg

the DW in the left side that is angled on top of the little DW, under that is where the cories and my BN pleco loves to stay

hope you all like my tank =] any suggestions on how to improve my tank would be awesome, tyty

and yes the gravel is in a hill format, i made it that way so the cories would look like cows in a field HAHA

looks pretty nice! i would put in a bunch of fake plants now if i were you, though. since you aren't planning on planting it for a while, you should put some plastic ones in there temporarily so the fish have more hiding places and feel a bit more secure. needs a background, too :)

maxima423: You'll be surprised how a dark background looks lighter when viewed through water and the overhead lights. I personally tried several backgrounds because I felt like you too dark. But, after many tries the background most fitting my tank has a lot of dark blue (like the ocean) and a few lighter corals and red spikes. It looks great. Besides, your fish will show up better against a dark background than a light one. Hope this helps.

those fish would be totally washed out in front of a beige background. if you go light green, all your plants would just blend in with it. i agree about the dark color backgrounds. i say go black...not only will it totally hide all the cords, but your fish (and plants when you get them) would really pop.

img_1150166_0_d7cfb9dd3b7004b1f882cb93fb62339b.jpg

updated FTS, got a blue background, got some kind of fake plants that i cut from the base and hanged them around the tank, my new guppy is loving it, i plan on get some small ones to put around the substrate, do you think the cories will up root them???

looking pretty good... the background does so much for it. what is your stock now? are those rainbows i see? your cories are gorgeous... what happened to the tetras?

the tetras were rehomed to my uncles house which are only 20mins drive, they literally terrorized my cories with their fin nipping, 3 were nipped and one was pretty bad

3 praecox rainbows and 1 female guppy, i posted them in the "new acquisition" sections

thnx ^_^ i think i am complete, they havent been aggressive to the cories like the tetras were 20mins after acclimation, i might end up getting 2 more when they restock

awww how are the cories doing now?? that's too bad, those rainbows are really pretty though. it's gonna look so nice when it's planted.

when i had tetras, they werent so lively, like i had the tetras for over a week and the cories seemed scared or something, but with the rainbows and guppy, they are starting to play with the air bubbles again, i missed this a lot and its nice seeing it once again

updates FTS and new acquisitions, one is a flame gourami and the other is mgamers DW that i bought!!! awesome piece that i have been looking for, DW with arc that i can angle to the side and make it hover over the smaller DW

img_1158867_0_1b6ef45b4db9a2fc9033b1d8cb6c1304.jpg

img_1158867_1_f2f040799060ba5bd1450df4344b64c8.jpg

img_1158867_2_a8da7c6aa3d638d2c201b2fb7ce045c1.jpg

img_1158867_3_8b9e755f4e2934bd31729f7a9bd2182e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom