20gal sump build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristall-99

Aquarium Advice Regular
So after a long while and having cheato getting blown all over the tank i decided to build by own sump out of a tank i had first used as my saltwater tank while living in an appartment

dsc1344.jpg

dsc1346s.jpg

dsc1347y.jpg

dsc1349s.jpg

Pre fittment and making measurements for cheato overflow
dsc1351c.jpg

The corner is for the overflow incoming water which leads into the protein skimmer. The box wit the holes in the protein skimmer wall is for the gfo. I wanted as much water flow through this area as possible and ran pretty good when i did the pre water test. I let it air dry and noticed some water leak. After noticing the tanks been up for several years. (Estimate 14-15years) I decided to tear out the old caulk and replace it just for a safe mind. Its currently drying from resealing.

Live rock/rubble will be put in the tank overflow area for increased filtration
dsc1365i.jpg

dsc1367w.jpg

Wow that is an amazing setup. Great work on all of the sections of the sump. I hope it works as awesome as it looks lol.

Nope no baffels. I've never had a problem with microbubbles. Sadly i set this sump up before my canada trip. It seems that somthing is leeching into the tank and isnt going so hot. Lost a Clownfish as far as i know of. Plate Coral went from a beautiful full purple to a stone white but we'll see what happens. I had 2 people switch out the sump to the older 10gal and did a waterchange. We'll see how everything is when i get back.

I knew i should have waited till i got back but for some reason wanted to setup so i could get the cheato outa my display

Back
Top Bottom