25 tall planted, trying to decide on backdrop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always liked the blue backdrop. Black would look nice too. Your tank looks so natural so I would keep that in mind. BTW nice setup.

Black, with a texture. You can either paint cardboard/paper and texturize with a sponge, or just use black backing and wait for algae to grow on the back of the tank.

Thanks guys. Looks like the consensus is black, and I'm going for the texture (hopefully between my pleco & snail there won't be any algae. *crosses fingers*

Black backgrounds do tend to make plants and fish pop, but if you're going for a more subtle or natural look I'd go with either a brownish color that would be a similar shade to either the substrate or the table it's on. You can always hit up the paint store and grab some of those little color cards and tape em to the back of the tank to see what you like best.

One of the more creative backs that I've seen had an artificial horizon painted with a darker color at the bottom and a lighter color at the top. The horizontal line was slightly below the tops of the plants and really made the tank look bigger. If you wanted to go this route I'd try to match up the substrate color as close as possible and then pick a blue like the forum background.

Back
Top Bottom