26 Gal Won't Cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Corsair, Brookster, mebbid & all.

So at this stage it's either return the fish and finish "fish-less", or return the fish and start adding my intended occupants. None of them are what I'd call "hardy" so hope I'm not taking too much of a risk?

My final stock will consist of 6 Purple Pencilfish, 5 Sterbai Cories, 3 Otocinclus, and 7-9 Green Neon Tetras/Neon Tetras.

Out of the above stocking plan, I'm thinking I could start with the Sterbai Cories, does that sound reasonable?

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it:thanks:
I would say if you are returning the guys you have now why not go for the tetras (kind of an even swap) AND add the cories in there too. Add the otos last. they like the more established tank. Keep checking your tank and see what it does?

mebbid…
I'm doing a bit of a rescape next week, and using total pellets from aquarium plants.com in conjunction with Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and Seachem Flourish Potassium. The above scheme is what aquarium plants.com recommended, so I hope they have me on the right track.

The pellets could work although I would have to see numbers on them to be sure. As for the seachem fertilizers, they are way overpriced and following directions are waaaaaaay under dosed for a co2 injected system. Typical fertilizer dosing regimens need daily dosing of fertilizers to keep the plants from running out and causing algae issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom