28 Gallon Nano Cube Sump Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CPD1029

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I new to this forum and have a question I hope someone has the answer to.
BTW I really like the smilies you have here.:scatter:

My Nano Cube is a 28 Gallon CF that I converted to LED with a Rapid LED kit. I also have the larger media basket from InTank and have a made that into a small version of a refugium. The tank is an established reef with 6 nano size fish and is over 3yrs old. I have a skimmer that I recently got I want to make use of but it's just a little too big to fit in one of the chambers. It's a Hydor SlimSkin Nano,, This one

I'm toying with the idea of removing one of the chamber walls so it will fit nicely but I'm not sure how that will effect the sump flow.

If I remove the chamber wall that is between the left 2 chambers looking from the front the skimmer will fit nicely front to back.
I'm wondering how that would effect the sump operation and if anybody has removed one before? The back side seem to be attached with silicone while the front side may be molded into the sump wall.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ed

I have decided that the mod won't work and that I'm going with a HOB skimmer namely the Remora Nano.

What do you have in the second chamber? Maybe get a elbow so you can mount the pump in a 90 degree angle for a tighter fit. Flexible tubing works best

OK, I bought the newer Remora "S" and it looks great. Looks like it will fit on back perfect.
Only one minor issue is that I will have to adapt how the pump sits in the sump. Seems like with the existing tank pump in the left chamber (looking from the front) , that I may have to remove that pump and use only the right one for filtration.
Anybody ever run their 28 Gallon NanoCube on only one pump for the filter basket?

Got my Remora up and running today and it looks good and is very quiet except for a slight increase in pump hum. Producing a lot of bubbles but no skim yet but I'm told that might take a bit while it breaks in.

Pictures and maybe video later this week.

Back
Top Bottom