28g Nano cube newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deejay62

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wanted opinions on lighting. I have the front 2 lamps contain10,000k white daylight and the back 2 lamps contain 7100k blue actinic,also 4 nite-vu LED moonlights. My question is are they good for coral growth and color? Someone educate me, thanks.

Deejay62 said:
Wanted opinions on lighting. I have the front 2 lamps contain10,000k white daylight and the back 2 lamps contain 7100k blue actinic,also 4 nite-vu LED moonlights. My question is are they good for coral growth and color? Someone educate me, thanks.

The stock lights can do mushrooms, leathers, Kenyi tree and some other soft corals other then that your limited. Most upgrade the lighting to either a DIY LED kit or T5's and some just get creative.

The stock lights won't support nems, clams, montis, chalice etc...

Convict2161 said:
The stock lights can do mushrooms, leathers, Kenyi tree and some other soft corals other then that your limited. Most upgrade the lighting to either a DIY LED kit or T5's and some just get creative.

The stock lights won't support nems, clams, montis, chalice etc...

Thanks Convict for your info! I am going to keep it simple for now.

Your very welcome. Don't get me wrong. You can have an awesome tank with the stock lights. Just watch your tank temp. I had issues with heat which is one reason I switched to LED's.

Convict2161 said:
Your very welcome. Don't get me wrong. You can have an awesome tank with the stock lights. Just watch your tank temp. I had issues with heat which is one reason I switched to LED's.

Ok, I will keep an eye on the temp. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom