29 gal. stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

For my 29 gal. I would like to have these fish in it. Tell me if you think there are too many. If I could add more tell me that too! THANKS!

1 female betta
5 guppies
5 platies
2 otos

That should be fine. You could get some cories for the bottom as well. Just remember those platies and guppies will pump out young. Try to keep the live beares in 1 male to 3 female ratios.

I am certain your guppy population will get out of control. I had a 30 gallon with a single predator in there heavily planted. I bought a dollars worth of feeder guppies just once. The female would never get eaten, and keep giving birth to more. This lasted almost a year. I didnt even have to feed the predator in there, just the guppies, as every morning I would pinch some flakes in there. Ever since that experience, I want to make a tank that would need almost no help from me once started.

That sounds good,I second the cory's for the bottom, and they are so active and cute! I agree on the guppies, I'd get all males myself, I started out with 5 guppies and have over 40 fry now 8O.They multiply faster than I thought possible.

I thought Otos cleaned the bottom! If they don't then I won't be getting them. I want a cleaner fish that is REALLY small. I don't really like corys but if I have too... I was thinking about getting 4 female guppies and 2 males. The fry will most likely get eaten. I won't try to save them. If one survive's then YAY!( When the time actually comes for fry to appear I will probably put them in a different tank..hehe..well thanks for the help and answer my question on the otos..thanks!

Back
Top Bottom