29 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello i am redoing my 29 gallon day/night LED marineland kit aquarium. im going for freshwater and colorful fish. It came with an LED day/night hood, penguin bio-wheel 200 filter system, stealth pro 200watt heater, and a external thermometer.
I added a whisper 60 aerator with a 12inch aeration stone and white gravel.
id like to get suggestions for what you guys think i should stock in it.
i would like to put large rocks in it to add depth and focal points. i cant put live plants in it because the light is not able to support them.

id love to you hear from my fellow aquarium friends to find out about this build and get suggestions.

So I had to replace the heater because it was recalled. Petsmart gave me another good heater. They gave me a brand new all black Aqueon pro 200 because I ask them for a all black professional heater. This heater was selling for around 36 to 37 dollars and was the stealth pro by marineland competitor. The manager was hesitant but gave in because of the recall and because I called in ahead of time. They were really nice and the exchange was very fast I was in and out of the store in 10 minutes. I just wish I would had known about the recall sooner because it made me nervous knowing the heater was faulty.

Ohh is a great size tank! I would put some cories would be great in there! What are some other fish that you like? Oh and the tank looks great! So actually could probably put some moss in there:). It uses/needs very little light.

stocking

so i have been doing research on fish and habitats. im thinking of buying a few electric yellow lab cichlids (scientific name: Labidochromis caeruleus).
and buying some large rocks to stack into hiding places. im thinking large white rocks.

does anyone have any idea how many of these yellow cichlids i should get?

Id like to say that there are some plants you could have. I have stock lighting and my java fern does fine. Grows at a pretty decent rate too.

Those yellow labs get big...and they do better in a 4 ft tank with other African cichlids, only because they are aggressive and need different water requirements entirely.

Have you tried any of the dwarf cichlids? They are very pretty. My personal favorites are rams, keyholes, and any of the apistogrammas.

What about bettas or DGs? Some are very colorful too.

Or if you're looking for colorful schooling fish in that size of a tank I'd say threadfin rainbows, though some will disagree with me on that...

Here's my 30 gallon setup:

2-angelfish
3-julli corys
4-panda corys
1-albino bristlenose pleco
3-glass catfish

Those aren't really colorful but I find them interesting

I think six or seven will be a good enough number of them to keep them happy.

If you don't like the look of threadfins, you could always try blue-eyes. These are small but when in proper lighting have blue shimmery eyes. Quite cool! :)

So I just picked up 3 different colors of rainbows and I got 2 of each color. So got six rainbows. pics coming later today after they calm down and have frozen bloodworms. It's like 50 dollars worth of fish.

So I had to replace the heater because it was recalled. Petsmart gave me another good heater. They gave me a brand new all black Aqueon pro 200 because I ask them for a all black professional heater. This heater was selling for around 36 to 37 dollars and was the stealth pro by marineland competitor. The manager was hesitant but gave in because of the recall and because I called in ahead of time. They were really nice and the exchange was very fast I was in and out of the store in 10 minutes. I just wish I would had known about the recall sooner because it made me nervous knowing the heater was faulty.

By any chance do you remember the name and model of the heater that was recalled? I had a kit from petsmart and my heater was stuck on last night. The tank was up to 97 degrees before I noticed and turned it off. Thank goodness there weren't fish in there yet.

Back
Top Bottom