29 gallon so far...few questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultimatedc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Standard 29 gallon tank and I want to eventually have it planted. For now I have some anarchis and an anbuias. I'm keeping half the anarchis floating and the other half planted to determine which is better for growth considering I'm running an 18w t8 bulb. I'm just curious where do i sstart with planted tanks? I'm slowly accumulating supplies and wondering what should I do as far as light maybe soil addidtives and what not. I want to eventually have a high tech setup. My other question is how would tiger barbs fare in this tank and what could I stock along side them? I love tiger barbs, never kept them though.

Here is a current picture of the tank with silk pllants and one very stubborn piece of driftwood.

http://i39.tinypic.com/120nvc3.jpg

It depends on the types of plants you want.

Some do well in low light cons while other will only survive in higher lights.

Anubias variants are quite diverse and you could easily plant a tank with them alone ( I have done myself :))

image-218520310.jpg

Crypts are another plant that can do well in lower lights but they are long blades with a small leaf toward the tip of the blade. (pictured on the right)

image-136963330.jpg

As for substrates, that again depends on the plants.

Amazon swords are heavy root feeders so root tabs would benefit them greatly where it may not for others.

So as I said it depends on what you want lol

Back
Top Bottom