29-Gallon tall stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dukedog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just finished a miserably long cycle, during which I lost several fish. Now that the tank has settled, I'm left with one Angelfish and one Bolivian Ram.

What you you get to go along with these guys? Are there any other SA Cichlids that would be compatible with them?

Do you know if yours is male or female? If not, could you post a pic? We might be able to sex the Bolivian for you. A pair would do great, with some tetras, 1 or 2 schools. I have 4, and think I'm going to have to move 2 of them, as the Bolivians have not spawned yet.

WOW LWB you said Apisto's LOL yes another bolvine would do great. But IMO the angels to much for a 30g tank. It's going to out grow the tank fast and the bio laod on the tank with the angel alone is going to be to quit large with the school of tetra's and a pr of bolvines.

A pair of angels would do just fine in a 29 gallon tank. Mine happily lay eggs every couple of weeks.

I do agree that rams and angels in the same 29 would be a bit much.

The angels going to reach at lest 9 to 10 inches and out grow a 29g tank. Imo they should be kept in at least a 55g tank.

I guess so. LOL hese are 7m old and are in a 55g these pictures or abou 3 to 4 months old and they've grow another 3 to 4in sent them.
f0dd7eef.jpg

f00fc8d4.jpg

Nice fish. Mine are well over a year pushing two and they are 6 inches maybe. I imagine the coloring and how far from wild they are makes a big difference in sizes.

Back
Top Bottom