3' Blue Channel Cat sideways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amy C

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to this and trying to figure out where I can ask questions about my 3ft blue channel catfish. For last 4 months or so he's been laying on his side. Seems like swim bladder but not sure. He's a fight and still alive which I thought he was on death's door. Was thinking of slinging him like whales and dolphins are done when in shock or sick...thoughts???

This post got lost with a different thread / topic and wondering how it has gone?

Checking also to see if you know about the nitrification cycle?

The article in my signature link will help explain keeping a cycled tank and the health of the fish.

It’s so sad to hear about your Catfish :( I’m almost sure he has swim bladder disease which sometimes can be too late to treat it; the only cure I know is to feed it boiled peas for three days (make sure it’s not hot when you give them to the Catfish or it could cause a thermal shock) This is to remove any air from their intestines which cause them difficulty to swim, affecting their swim bladder - Dose him with aquarium salt at least for a day (10 minutes) to unburden the inflammation, you should read the dosage in the instructions that can be found in the bottle.

I know this is a load of information and I’m not an expert so if you’re not sure look up how to cure swim bladder disease - Hope it helps!

Back
Top Bottom