3 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heck09

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was just at my lfs, and they have a aqueon 3 gal tank on sale for 15$ and it seems like a fun idea for my office desk,

However I have never had a tank that small and was hoping for some advice on keeping a tank of that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That size is not made for a fish...

Shrimp or snails. Maybe a pretty little planted tank with some shrimp would be nice.

Hard to keep the water stable with such a small aquarium...

I was worried about that being the case

I actually just saw a 25 tall kit for 45$ at another lfs so I don't think I can pass that up

If you still are thinking about the 3g it would be able to fit some fish. Least killies would be about the only fish I know of that would be good in there. But don't underestimate the entertainment of shrimp either. I find myself watching the shrimp in my tanks more than the fish.

A 3g would work just fine for a betta assuming it's both filtered and heated. You could also add some shrimp in there depending on the betta's personality. Ghost shrimp are safe usually but RCS can become food for some bettas.

I have never kept shrimp before but it is something I have been curious about

Nor do I know much about betas

Nor do I know much about betas

Bettas are fun. A 2.5g minimum tank size and they need around 80 degrees in the tank. They really are very easy to care for.

I have never kept shrimp before but it is something I have been curious about

They are neat, the RCS breed like crazy but are smaller and can be easily eaten.

A 3g would work just fine for a betta assuming it's both filtered and heated. You could also add some shrimp in there depending on the betta's personality. Ghost shrimp are safe usually but RCS can become food for some bettas.

+1 all the way !!! Both shrimp and Bettas are very easy to care for. There's quite a boatload of info about both of them all over the net.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I'll look into the betas I think they would be nice to look at by my tv

Back
Top Bottom