30 Gal Nuvo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With all that cyano you have to many nutrients in your system. Nems need pristine water quality. What is your lighting?

Looks like those aren't 3 watt LEDS. Meaning their penetration pry isn't reaching the anemone enough.
What are you dosing? -According to 10gal_nano

Not really should I not use calcium and will this help get rid of cyano?

This thread is interessting. Why not dose anything? I put 10 ml of kh,strontium/calcium/magnesium mix,trace elements,and microplankton 3 times per week in my 35 mixed reef plus 1.5ml of iodine 1time per week im following the quantities does this sound like too much? Im having good coral growth

This thread is interessting. Why not dose anything? I put 10 ml of kh,strontium/calcium/magnesium mix,trace elements,and microplankton 3 times per week in my 35 mixed reef plus 1.5ml of iodine 1time per week im following the quantities does this sound like too much? Im having good coral growth

You just shouldn't dose if you don't need too. It will create to much nutrients which can anger corals.

Im just gonna dose my calcium mag strontium and iodine and slack on the other things i bought a torch recently that hasnt opened yet but his skeleton was cracked open during transport so i dont know if its because of this or too much nutrients cause my other corals are doing good

I have a torch coral as well and it is doing very well with what I am putting in.

Again, dosing any of the things you have been is totally un-necessary. Now, if you want to dose anyways, please tell me you are testing for what you are dosing? You should never ever never dose anything if you are not testing for it weekly.

Dosing can be helpful with some corals, but in the end it just pollutes your water and raises levels above what natural seawater is. Water change water has everything you need, all the elements in a perfect combination.

I sometimes will throw in some purple up (calcium) and some strontium to increase coral growth, BUT I test for both those things before adding them.

Im just gonna dose my calcium mag strontium and iodine and slack on the other things i bought a torch recently that hasnt opened yet but his skeleton was cracked open during transport so i dont know if its because of this or too much nutrients cause my other corals are doing good

You can do serious damage to a tank overdosing iodine. My rule is if you don't test for it don't dose for it.

I'm gonna +1 Carey and bribo. They're giving you good advice, I really suggest you take it

Does anyone know what the chemical to get rid of red algae is?

I believe it's chemiclean, but you know that it will just come back unless you fix the cause which is most likely excess nutrients in your system. IMHO you'd be better off manually removing as much as you can during your wc's and increasing your wc's (both frequency and volume) until you get rid of the algae.

Back
Top Bottom