300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a dramatic difference ,... Much more intense in its coloration,...you did well grasshopper .

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just week two, but at about 60% power all the corals are responding well. The lighting looks darker overall, but that's a result of it being more directional.

As to the exotic leds, I really like the uv's. The red/green help deepen some warmer colors up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just added 10 more blue chromis, bringing the school up to 17. It's one of the things I missed about wild reefs, there was always a little school of fish clustered under a overhang. Chromis are cheap to buy and feed, so I went for it. May add a few more.

Just added 10 more blue chromis, bringing the school up to 17. It's one of the things I missed about wild reefs, there was always a little school of fish clustered under a overhang. Chromis are cheap to buy and feed, so I went for it. May add a few more.

Very cool! Will add a lot more movement as well while schooling.

That looks super awesome Greg. Your tank is just, just indescribably amazing.
I hope one day to have a nice big tank, with the corals grown in and just a fraction of as beautiful as this 300.

Tank looks beautiful Greg ,... I especially like watching your yellow tangs ,.. They seem at peace in your tank and with each other ,... Reminds me of somewhere I was a couple of weeks ago. Nice job as usual

They still like to spar with each other. Have to set up the old mirror every now and then to distract them.

If I would spend a moment or two reading and understanding the instructions that came with my razor lights I could prob do the same thing re a slow dimming of the lights into the moon faze but as it stands right now I simply have my lights run by a couple of outside timers that once they kick off a couple of " moon lights" kick in,...Basically almost the same effect but the lazy man's way of attacking things .

I did that for decades. Coral could care less, but the fish always jumped and rushed to their holes. With a gradual sunset and sunrise it is one more way to reduce stress.

Finally moved my pride and joy to the main display after over 2 years growing from a 1/2" frag.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413762505.677271.jpg

So cool to see.... Does your frag tank share the same water as your display tank ?

Back
Top Bottom