300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

Like my new feeding gadgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434920624.975080.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434920624.975080.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I hate palys... I was pulling them off of rocks and coral the other day with tweezers and as I ripped one off it shot its slime right out into my face- nearly into my eye- I probably spent a half hour getting them off of rocks going into a new tank and I felt strange the rest of the night- sort of disoriented. That is some nasty stuff.

That stuff can make you go blind and is extremely poisonous

I've never heard any "pops and sizzles " either but the end results have been just fine.. How thick is your acrylic ? I think mine is about 3/8 " (?)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Mine is 5/8" and very old. But my frag tank is regular glass. It defiantly ruins their day, but doesn't seem to fry them. Will try with fresh batteries tonight. They only last about 2-3 minutes.

Just passing through, would it be possible to get some video of this laser in action? All sounds very intriguing! One of my fish followed a laser pointer once, mildly amusing.. guessing yours is far cooler!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

These are powerful enough to blind a fish almost instantaneously, so I try to keep it away from any fish. I will shoot some video tonight.

These are powerful enough to blind a fish almost instantaneously, so I try to keep it away from any fish. I will shoot some video tonight.

Figured as much;) I hate algae though.. seeing it fry would be a good time..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

An aiptasia laser would be nice, I have quite a bit of it in my reef tank.

Laser pointers are fun though, when i had my cichlid tank they would chase one all over like a pack. Then I'd shine it into a cave and then 5 or 6 of them would cram into a little tiny cave going after it. It was like a clown car.

Mine is 5/8" and very old. But my frag tank is regular glass. It defiantly ruins their day, but doesn't seem to fry them. Will try with fresh batteries tonight. They only last about 2-3 minutes.

I ordered a bunch of extra batteries with mine and swap them out rather quickly , I've noticed ( at least with mine ) that the fresher the batteries the better it seems to work , and getting that beam focused down is a real biggie too.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yes, mine catches cardboard on fire quickly, but thru the tank the beam gets scattered. A tripod would help as the spot moving even a little diffuses the heating.

The Innovative Marine feeders are deluxe. I have had mine for a month and really love them.

Originally you had to know a guy, but they are up for sale all over Dary. I was looking at them on marinedepot.com the other day. Innovative Marine calls them "Gourmet" when looking them up, be it the grazer, grinder, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom