300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the if she variety in the office tank, Greg! Did you purchase the Firefish as a pair? Or did you just buy two and they paired up? Thanks!

Awesome! :) I really enjoy the Purple Firefish I have in my BioCube...he is a little skittish (the Cleaner Shrimp can scare him :lol: ), but he is a great addition and certainly very colorful.

I agree, but to set up a standard, they needed to choose one. The question is does different types of corals influence this test?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey Greg I have a question for you out of curiosity. What size did you get your Monti cap at and how long have you had it? Also as far as growth pattern did it ever spread down the rock it was on or just up and out? I'm trying go give mine the perfect spot for a good cluster.

Mine grew out and upwards, then I killed then accidentally. They are now over growing the dead parts. Can't seem to keep the whole system where the caps grow well for more than a year.

Mine grew out and upwards, then I killed then accidentally. They are now over growing the dead parts. Can't seem to keep the whole system where the caps grow well for more than a year.

Hmm. Ok thanks.

Hmm...I don't really know what to say about this. In the first pic, those light look close enough to be helping out the neighbors...don't you think? i mean, look at the footprints of each light...even with the light diffuser, they still look like a 2' spread.
I've been saying all along that if you have enough PAR/PUR, in said fixture, it will grow coral no matter what color it is. Just like in the old days when people would use a 6500k iwaki halide because it had killer PAR, and promoted more growth, even though it looked downright ugly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom