30g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattckf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How many tiger barbs can I put in a 30g tank? I want to avoid overcrowding. Thanks for your advice

You can probably keep 6 imho. A tiger barb is a schooling fish and should be in groups of 6 for best practice, 4-5 would probably be ok aswell if you really had to cut the numbers back. What are you planning on putting with them? If nothing 6-12 would be all I'd do. :)

Is there anything else in the tank or are you plan is anything else? If not then the numbers above is what I'd do also

Thank you all - I have 12 tiger barbs + 4 Odessa barbs in the 30g tank right now. Nothing else with the barbs

mattckf said:
Thank you all - I have 12 tiger barbs + 4 Odessa barbs in the 30g tank right now. Nothing else with the barbs

Did you add them all at once? That's a big bioload to add and might make your tank go through a minicycle. You did cycle your tank right like nitrogen cycle? If not I would read up about it but if you did nvm. I'm sorry if I seem rude or anything...

Thanks- my 30g tank is an old tank that has been fully cycled. I decided to use it as a tank for barbs only. It previously had a n Oscar that has now outgrown the tank

Back
Top Bottom