36 bow front tanganyika setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Ill research! Leaning toward tang due to options online an local but ill check lfs site to see what he may have of those others bin know he has passionis and always has a good selection of all cichlids.

Guianacara are another fun one, geayi, stergiosi, etc. They're like a clumsy mix between an acara and a geo. Another one couple are biotodoma cupido and wavrini, the cupid cichlids.

Thanks guys! I like the layout fishyfriend has. I'm not looking for a scape all sand and shells by any means. Do I need functional rock piles for hiding or just for recreating natural environment like fishyfriend has? Doesn't look like anything other than fry could hide in there but I like the look. I'm gonna google and YouTube some setups for ideas. Tank already has sand and black background. Have a fluval 206 and fluval u4 internal that are on tank but will get the internal out and set up my new unused spare cascade 1000 canister so plenty of filtration.

Funnily enough I'm thinking of removing some rock and making some larger caves with the bigger pieces. To answer your question from my research rock piles are needed for both creating hiding spots and creating natural environment.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some pictures of the rescape as promised.

Attachments

• 20140224_202250.jpg
    20140224_202250.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20140224_202256.jpg
    20140224_202256.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 77
  • 20140224_202245.jpg
    20140224_202245.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 84
Thanks I've found the cichlids exploring the caves a lot more now. Which is awesome to watch.

I think I may swap it out in a few weeks for lake tang. Will depend on what he may have in stock

I'd really recommend the online route, once you go that way you don't go back, well I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom