37g stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xxaprilrose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently I have a 37gallon fish tank. Right now it has a flowerhorn that I was growing out a bit and I just got him a new tank he will be moving into within the next week. I kind of dont know what to do with the 37 gallon tank once he is out of it. Im thinking maybe making it into saltwater? What could I stock in a small tank like this? Thanks for any suggestions! My favorite saltwater fish is the coral beauty angelfish. Man, I wish I had a large enough tank for one :(

What are the dimensions? A coral beauty would be fine in a 37 most likely. I used to have a potters in a 40 who did great for 3 years until I broke the tank down and gave him to a friend. Other than that you could do clowns, a royal gramma, blennies, gobies, cardinal fish, small wrasses, small hawk fish.

What are the dimensions? A coral beauty would be fine in a 37 most likely. I used to have a potters in a 40 who did great for 3 years until I broke the tank down and gave him to a friend. Other than that you could do clowns, a royal gramma, blennies, gobies, cardinal fish, small wrasses, small hawk fish.

really?? AHHH I may just get one then! However, I have searched so many sites and I cant find any good tank mates for coral beauties?! Do you know what I would be able to keep in the tank with one? Or are your recommendations all compatible? Thanks so much!

Any of the fish Bribo mentioned will work with a coral beauty. In general to avoid aggression you want fish that will inhabit different areas in the tank, the dwarf angels are open water swimmers for the most part that pick at the rocks so you want to pick your remaining selection around that. Gobies and blennies are going to hand out in the sand bed area or perch on the rocks, the hawk fish will also perch on the rocks most of the time. The gramma will hang out in the rocks and wrasses will hunt all day long in and out of your rock work. And clowns and cardinals will find a spot and pretty much stay with in a couple inches of that spot most of the day.

I like the idea of a coral beauty and a pink spotted goby. but most of all cycle the tank first.

Back
Top Bottom