40 gallon Breeder to 55 gallon upgrade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you add more red tailed tinfoil barbs you won't be able to have much else I would have like 3 in a 75 with small tankmates and not many.

It sucks that they would take up most of the tank, but they are such beautiful fish :) do you think I could do three Rt TF barbs and some silver dollars?

It sucks that they would take up most of the tank, but they are such beautiful fish :) do you think I could do three Rt TF barbs and some silver dollars?

In a 75 or 90? Btw, this is totally hypothetical, no way can I afford a 75 or 90 :facepalm:

There is no way unless you had a 125 hey look on Craigslist for good deals I have found 75 gallons with filters and everything for 100 bucks.

It would be cool but the red tailed you have now is going to need a bigger tank than the 40 breeder it's in now so you are gonna upgrade eventually for it right?

It would be cool but the red tailed you have now is going to need a bigger tank than the 40 breeder it's in now so you are gonna upgrade eventually for it right?

I'm definatly going to upgrade :) just curious, when should I upgrade? Like, how big should he get before I upgrade?

If its in a 40 breeder as soon as it hits the 5-6 inch mark I would be upgrading

If its in a 40 breeder as soon as it hits the 5-6 inch mark I would be upgrading

That's what I was thinking :) how long do you think that will take? He's about 3 inches now and he's about a month and a half old.

The thing I dont like about a 90 or a 110x is how hard it is to clean the lower glass and move things around (I have short arms) they are really tall.

Hey, just curious, could my RT TF barb go with cichlids? I just saw the most beautiful cichlid tank and I was thinking that if I get a bigger tank, it will be a cichlid tank.

Yah it could but what type of Cichlid? It couldn't live well with Africans it could do good with SA/CA cichlids though.

They require different water and Africans are more aggressive IMO they could kill your barb.

I love my 90! I would hate for it to be 6 inches shorter.
OK, HATE is strong, but still :)
If I were doing it again and picking between a 75 and 90 I would still go with a 90. Why not a bit taller?

WOW I better start saving for that 90 gal! Maybe it won't be that hard to find a tank on Craigslist by then :)

90s are fine but they are hard to light and they are very difficult to aquascape. I'm 6ft tall and have a hard time reaching the bottom of mine.

90s are fine but they are hard to light and they are very difficult to aquascape. I'm 6ft tall and have a hard time reaching the bottom of mine.
OK I will agree with that.
I am 5'1" and I have to stand on a chair and have to take off my shirt if I am needing to reach the bottom (or it will get wet). It IS pretty annoying.

They require different water and Africans are more aggressive IMO they could kill your barb.

Sorry for the late reply, my wifi went out yesterday :( what are these in the pics? What ever these are, I want them :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392124706.296306.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392124740.215888.jpg

Back
Top Bottom