40b help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenGo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a 40b sitting on its side panel with 100lbs of sand on it for less than a week, and when I set it on the ground it was a bit wobbly. Went in the next morning and it's fine.

However, could the weight on the tank have compromised the seams? I have water tested it and one corner may be leaking, but after moving it to double check I couldn't find anything out (I have a video update I plan to publish on my panther crab breeding project thread today, and in it I outlined the whole thing from taking it outside and cleaning it to testing it for leaks), so I can neither confirm nor deny it's leaking.

Sorry, just had to use that line :p

So, what do y'all think? I plan to fill 'er up when I wake up, and plan to edit the video so I can upload it to YouTube and put the embed link on my panther crab breeding thread I have under 'FW breeding' in this forum. Should I go ahead and continue with my plans, or should I go ahead and reseal the inside with silicone just in case, or what is your advice?

:thanks:

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With the amount of damage that can come from a failed seam, I would say just reseal it. Resealing a tank isn't a difficult project and can potentially save you thousands in damages.

I would fill it up outside, for at least a week, and look for any leaks.

Just make sure if you live somewhere cold that the temperature doesn't go below freezing.....

Also in the case it does leak, you could try selling it as a reptile tank on Craigslist..... Or reseal it.....

Back
Top Bottom