40g Breeder lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monaro_gto

Aquarium Advice Activist
So im thinking about getting a 40g breeder tank that I would like to plant but if possible I would still like to keep low tech. No pressurized CO2 if possible.

Im looking at the current usa led plus 24 - 36" as it wont be as bright as the 36 - 48.

Do I do something like eco complete and then sand on top?

Is this possible or is algae inevitable without CO2?

You could get the 36-48 inch Current Satellite + and you would still not need co2. Maybe liquid carbon, but not co2. It would allow for a larger variety of plants, still without pressurized co2.

I don't know about those LED's but you could do any medium light as long as you use liquid carbon without having algae issues. You can also buy a gallon of Metricide 14 day solution for around $20 and mix it at a 1:1 ratio with RO or Distilled water and get 2 gallons for about $27 shipped. Very economical. With medium light I'd use 1ml of liquid carbon for every 5 gallons of water and if you end up adding a lot of plants up your dose to 1ml per every 2 gallons of water. Use a good fert and you will have a nice planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom