40g Breeder stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luananeko

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have suggestions for fun stocking ideas for a 40g breeder tank? It was originally set up as a plant grow-out/breeding tank for my cherry barbs, but they've since gotten old enough they're done having babies.

Current stock (not opposed to moving them to other tanks):
6 Cherry Barbs
4 Red Neon Rainbows (Pseudomugil cf. paskai)
1 Apistogramma Viejita
2 African Dwarf Frogs
Random snails & shrimp

It's way under stocked at the moment while I get ready to move in March (hence why the school numbers are low, I haven't restocked as they passed on from age), but after the move I'm hoping to switch things around towards whatever I decide on for the new stocking plan.

I think it might be fun to try and breed German Blue Rams in there, but outside that I have no other ideas what to do with it. I've got a 75g community tank already with Angels, Cardinal Tetras, Dwarf Chain Loaches, and some others, so looking to do a more breeding/unique fish type tank that's still compatible with growing out my plants. What do you guys recommend?

Sell everything and get a gulper catfish! Haha I'd get some Cory cats. Many a farlowella if you want an algae eater.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Gulper cats need 100g minimum ;)

Not really a fan of the twig cats or cories. Not sure why, but they're not that interesting for me. I like Rams or loaches better for bottom dwellers. As I already have Dwarf Chain loaches in the 75g I'd want something different for this one. Maybe Kuhli's if I don't go with the ram breeding idea?

Hmm didn't know that about gulper cats. I'd have some platys. They are super active and colorfull.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom