46G Bow Finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orca67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally have my rock in, sand in, water in, and have it some what set up the way we want. Finding out it is very hard to aquascape your first tank especially when your not very artistic I have trouble with stickmen :ROFLMAO:. Wife is thinking it would be easier if we broke the rocks up into smaller rocks so we could stack them better and arrange them more how we want but this will do for now have a while to wait just put in a shrimp a few hours ago so 6 weeks or more maybe less of waiting now. Think it will be ok to rearange the rock while it is cycling? Post pics later tonight when lighting is better. :D

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

Couple pics of the tank so far questions, comments, concerns?

You should try and have less contact with the sand with your rocks. When rocks cover large amounts of sand they have the potential to cause dead spots which are never good.

I think it looks pretty good. :)

Do you have enough room on the sides to get a mag float through to clean the glass? It looks kinda tight on the sides.

Yeah easier said than done getting the rock off the sand more may add more rock to build it up higher.

Thanks carey I did leave enough room just enough but it goes by

So been cycling my tank for 2 weeks put in a raw shrimp. On the 23rd NH4 was 2.4, NO3 10, NO2 0.8. Then I had to go out of town for a week got home today NH4 is 0, NH4 5, NO2 0. That seems like a quick cycle to me think I should put another shrimp in or is it cycled???

Back
Top Bottom