4ft (286L) 'Planted' tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank is heading for a rescape....got a plan, just gotta get the time to get in there and do it, but it will be happening lol

The goldies are growing nicely and i want them to be able to utilise more of the tank room, so plan is to remove quite a bit of the plants and wood. I will, if possible, be going back to using some live plants for this tank.

Rescaped :)
img_2980283_0_cb51f24beec4fe4ef10aa55a3c302cdd.jpg

Updated pic. Had to rescape to catch all the pep and common BN juvies to sell (scuse the nets hanging, they are holding the BN waiting for new owners to pick up). Added in another 20 or so pep juvies to growout ready for sale.

img_3069822_0_454184268c7260c526b8b31d0714827e.jpg

Did a huge water change on the tank today....

Water level dropping, enough water was left just to keep the goldies able to swim in

img_3097134_0_a25ac8bb046d45bb135216f217574618.jpg

Refilled and all pretty again

img_3097134_1_39a7f9911c60b4037b0b5415cc7d51f0.jpg

Wow stunning aquarium! what are the PEPs?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

Beautiful fish and tank! Nice job with the scape.
Ryunkins...the original *balloon* fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Some fatties! ! Tank looks awesome as usual:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow those are some awesome scapes! Best goldfish tank I've ever seen. What's the really red plant in the back? Tiger lotus?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice tank and fish! I wouldnt add any more goldfish. Your at the tanks limit and a little over. Goldfish wont eat plants if you feed them a good veggie based diet by the way!

Wow 6 is the limit I have 6 in a 465 litre tank. Does this mean I could get one more. I've see a blind fancy goldfish I'd love to rehome from an LFS who said he came in with some A quality fish from a good supplier and must have slipped through the cull net as a baby.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can actually have 7 in the tank, but i stay with 6 as there are bristlenose, cherry shrimp and an apple snail in there as well

By my calculations, 20 gal first fish and 10 for every after, you could have about 10 in there.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

10? In my tank? Too many for my tank size sadly. 7 would be the maximum and that is with 5gal not quite enough, it could be done though. I am happy at 6, especially as i said i have other fish in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom