50 Gal Planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can give you a few trimmings of star grass for free Alisha. If you want to try it out and see how it will look like in your tank. Free shipping as well :) Most likely on the 19th. Let me know :)

Are you sure? I'm sure I could find space for them in one of my tanks!!!

Weekly updated photos:

img_1399607_0_26e1d788589d5cc28d18a8b92ebe0be9.jpg

img_1399607_1_e7e113e695eee1b400d9a8681be844b3.jpg

Coleallensmom said:
I owe you one!!! :thanks:

You don't owe me anything. This is to repay you for all the help and advise that you gave me :)

PM me your info. I'll ship the plants today. Would you like some pennywort as well?

Last edited:
Shipped :) you should get it in 2-3 days. Plants are in a ziplock wrapped in wet paper towels. Hope the plants will survive and won't get damaged by the heat or the shipping itself. Plants included are star grass, pennywort and a few stems of proserpinaca palustris(I like this plant). Grows fast and looks really nice.

Very well done Alisha. Totally jealous of the 50g find. One of the best sizes imo. i have a 40g breeder but would love a little more height for plant growth. What are the other fish besides the really nice looking angels in there?

Very well done Alisha. Totally jealous of the 50g find. One of the best sizes imo. i have a 40g breeder but would love a little more height for plant growth. What are the other fish besides the really nice looking angels in there?

I have to agree..it really is a great tank. Love it! I have to admit that since I've had it, I keep thinking that an even longer tank would be nice though. lol MTS never ends, does it? ;)

I actually lost an angel this weekend. I was expecting it after the conditions the breeder kept them in, but still sad nonetheless. The other four are doing great however, so I am hopefull that they will stay healthy. Also in the tank are (the fish I had in the 37 gal) a school of Black Neons, a Blue three spot gourami, a school of Black skirts, some RCS, and a school of Pristella tetra.

looking so good alisha....i can't wait to see your plant additions...:)

I am very excited about the new additions! Roy's stargrass came yesterday. I put some in my 20 high and in this tank. It melted a little but already makes the tank look better. I can't wait to see how everything comes together when my blyxa from Jonathan gets here. :)

Last edited:
ohh I can't wait for your picture upgrade....I can only imagine how it looks like now with roy's plants...and oohhhh blyxa too....that is so awesome!

Pics! The pennywort is in my 20 gal for now, but here is a pic of the stargrass! Makes a huge difference, I think! :)

img_1408280_0_4188a76e675aff9cbeb206d5d46a021d.jpg

img_1408280_1_163af0d30da061fb8f3a001fe8d97e1e.jpg

img_1408280_2_112b74140c91b2bfe90b876d8a6ab255.jpg

Last edited:
Glad the plants are in "ok" shape when you got them. Just give it a week or so to bounce back. Awesome tank! ;)

Glad the plants are in "ok" shape when you got them. Just give it a week or so to bounce back. Awesome tank! ;)

The pennywort was in perfect condition..just the tallest stargrass melted a little. I am sure it will be fine. Thanks again. I really think it makes a HUGE difference to the tank! (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom