50 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Underdark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! So i finally got my 50 gallon tank setup. I have a marineland c-220 on it and my nitrogen cycle is almost complete. It's moderately planted as you can see in the picture. I'll be adding a cap of black sand soon on top of the flourite as I don't really like the color. I'm trying to pick a simple but fun community tank. I really love the look of black fish so what I was thinking was something like this...
5- Black Corys
5- Black Mollies (females only)
5- Guppies (males only and I believe I know a place where I can find the black ones)
Now I also would love to add Glass Catfish and Khuli Loaches but I don't know how many I can add (if any) without over stocking because I know that they like big groups. If someone could give me an estimate then that would be cool :) thank you!

IMG_9224 (1).JPG

Nice setup! Not sure about the glass cats, but I'd start out with 6 kuhlis. Is that moss wrapped cholla wood (in the sets of 3)? The kuhlis will probably dig that and the hiding spaces in the DW on the right side.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beautiful tank! I would up the cories up to at least 10, and with a tank that size you could do that and keep the guppies and mollies at the same number. Then after you up the cory group to 10, I would bring the Kuhli's down to 5. That's just what I would do :).

Nils

Thanks guys :) so does anyone know if I can add the glass cats?

Back
Top Bottom