*55 Gal. Reef what are some good fish to add?**Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55gal. 260Watt Power Compact, Live sand 4in DSB, Clownfish, Firefish, snails, crabs, Feather Duster, Anenome, 2 Leather Corals, Red Sun polyp, assorted polyps, Wet/Dry filter, Protein Skimmer. I have the Liquid Plankton and also frozen plankton and brine shrimp and a 8" Maxima Clam. I am looking to add some fish. What is reef safe and good for a 55Gal. tank? I look in the live aquaria and other websites and it doesn't help much about what is reef safe for a 55gal. Especially that can hang with clowns and firefish. Any recommendations? Thanks

PJ Cardinals are good fish, they do best in pairs. Purple Tangs are also good, though they are a little bit aggressive

There are tons.... pick up the Marine Fishes book by scott michael.$25bucks... this is a great book.
blue/green chromis are cool schooling fish... 3 would be nice, purple pseudochromis are cool, grammas, bicolor blenny...... the list goes on and on..... take your time read up on fish and pick what you like not what we like.. This is one of the best parts of the hobby.

I did alot of research and I have books and I check the sites before i order them but what I find is....Semi-Aggressive, Minimum 70Gal. Not reef safe.

For the Purple Tang? Mine has been great in my reef tank, I'd say it's proably my favorite fish. He is a bit aggressive, but it hasn't caused any problems.

I recommended one because they're pretty good survivors.

Back
Top Bottom