55 gal stocking help !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
Petcos 55 gal tank kit just went on sale from $199 to $146 at my local store! Will be picking it up this weekend and would like to build my environment specifically for the fish I get. I want it to be a dwarf cichlid tank and made a huge list of fish I'd love to have.

I wanted to see of you guys could make a couple different stock lists out of it because I like them all and can't choose!!

Here's the list:

Discus
Angelfish
Blood parrot fish
German blue rams
Electric blue rams
Golden rams
Kribensis
Albino kribensis
Apistogramma
Yoyo loaches
Keyhole cichlids
Harlequin rasboras
Rummy nose tetra
Cherry barbs
Blue emperor tetra
Pink kissing gourami
Zebra danio
Bolivian ram
Hatchet fish
Serverum
Festivum

I'm really favoriting discus and angelfish the most!

Idk if this would work but it would be awesome. A pair of blue rams and 3 discus with ten neon tetras. But if you want discus i would also pick up a fluval 306 canister.

They are pretty easy to take care of but getting them is the hard part. If you want to know more about them just ask me and ill give ya a bunch of info haha.

They are pretty easy to take care of but getting them is the hard part. If you want to know more about them just ask me and ill give ya a bunch of info haha.

Okay thanks :)

Would this work? This would be awesome! Ill have the stock Aqueon 55 filter and an aqua clear 110 as filtration and water changes once a week.

2 discus
2 angels
1 blood parrot
1 ebr
1 golden ram
1 kribensis
2 keyhole cichlids
1 gold serverum
1 festivum

I see the blood p potentially being a problem. You can get a completely laid back friendly one or an aggressive mean sob.

I've heard of them to be more laid back and lazy swimmers. Such a beautiful fish!

I checked out aqua adviser and it said the serverum would grow to big for my tank and I decided to drop the festivum and krib so that I could add a school. Here's what I'm liking now.

2 discus
2 angels
1 blood parrot
1 electric blue ram
1 golden ram
2 keyhole cichlids
10 zebra danio

Zebras are high energy, fast frenzy swimmers. I wonder if they would upset/stress out the slower, more graceful Discus & Angels? Check this out with some people. OS

Zebras are high energy, fast frenzy swimmers. I wonder if they would upset/stress out the slower, more graceful Discus & Angels? Check this out with some people. OS

That's why I wanted the danios, so that they bigger semi aggressive fish could catch em lol. If all else fails, ill go with rummy nose tetra but I've never kept zebra danio before so I though it would be different.

Do you think the stock I posted would work?

I would stay away from blood parrots with angel and discus. I have never done it, but i just feel like it might end bad. They are also a high bioload fish, so that wouldnt be good for the discus. Though danios are cooler water fish, they should be alright at the high temp with the discus. They are small enough that they shouldn't stress out the discus.

I would stay away from blood parrots with angel and discus. I have never done it, but i just feel like it might end bad. They are also a high bioload fish, so that wouldnt be good for the discus. Though danios are cooler water fish, they should be alright at the high temp with the discus. They are small enough that they shouldn't stress out the discus.

Dangit -_- I really want the blood parrot. I've read that since they aren't strong swimmers, they can't inflict as much damage.

Hey, Zebras are great fish no doubt. They are dear to me as they were my very first fish many years ago. Get what you think you like that you know will work. I don;t think there would be any aggression issues from the zebras, but I don't know much about the parrot or the leyhole. OS

Also, you don't have any bottom feeder. Who about some corys?

The high temps wouldn't be good for the Cory's. plus most of the fish I already want hangout out near the bottom and could be aggressive towards them. I also think I'm pushing it with what I have listed now, do you think it's to much or could I add more ? I like dojo loaches, I wouldn't mind added those to the mix :)

Hey, Zebras are great fish no doubt. They are dear to me as they were my very first fish many years ago. Get what you think you like that you know will work. I don;t think there would be any aggression issues from the zebras, but I don't know much about the parrot or the leyhole. OS

Parrots can be semi aggressive but often times are slow swimmers so they can't do much damage.

I've read that keyhole cichlids are cute docile lil guys that follow each other like a lost puppy lol. Hopefully that's true!

Back
Top Bottom