55 Gallon Bioload

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmifland

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello Everyone!

Now that the stand is done and the tank is almost done cycling I have been looking at the fish that I plan on adding to the tank. Please let me know if these fish can coincide together. I don't want any fish dying because they were bullied by another.

Fish Max Size Quantity
Gold Dojo Loach 4-6" (2)
Neon Tetra 1" (8)
Tiger Barb 3" (6)
Leopard Cory Catfish 3" (4)
Gold German Ram 3" (3)
Opaline Gourami 4-6" (2-3)

I was going to be using the Opaline Gourami as the centerpiece so if I could add a couple more of those that would be cool or maybe another type of Gourami since they are all unique fish.

Thanks for the help! :thanks:

Hello Everyone!

Now that the stand is done and the tank is almost done cycling I have been looking at the fish that I plan on adding to the tank. Please let me know if these fish can coincide together. I don't want any fish dying because they were bullied by another.

Fish Max Size Quantity
Gold Dojo Loach 4-6" (2)
Neon Tetra 1" (8)
Tiger Barb 3" (6)
Leopard Cory Catfish 3" (4)
Gold German Ram 3" (3)
Opaline Gourami 4-6" (2-3)

I was going to be using the Opaline Gourami as the centerpiece so if I could add a couple more of those that would be cool or maybe another type of Gourami since they are all unique fish.

Thanks for the help! :thanks:
Not sure about the gold dojo loach. Instead of a trio of GGRs, why not a pair? They are very cool. Tiger barb school I would make bigger, because it lessens aggression. Plus there's less risk of them nipping your opaline if you keep them in big schools, they'll be more focused on each other.

Opaline gourami with another gourami is entirely dependent on the fish's tempermants. Some gouramis are total jerks, some bullies, some shy as a mouse, some boisterous and cocky. How well they will tolerate each other depends on their personalities. IME my gold gourami (similar to an opaline) was very peaceful.

Yeah I was reading more on the Gold Dojo Loach and I found that they are territorial and would attack something if it tried to take its food. Since they hang out at the bottom they would probably fight with the corys. I also saw that they uproot plants so I have taken them out. I was looking to replace them with a Bumble Bee Catfish but I read that they eat small fish like tetra. I will go with one Gourami for now and see what happens and I'll lower the count of the GGR to two and increase the tiger barb school. I read that the larger the school the more peaceful they are but I wasn't sure how large of a school I should get.

Fish Max Size Quantity
Neon Tetra 1" (8)
Tiger Barb 3" (8)
Leopard Cory Catfish 3" (6)
Gold German Ram 3" (2)
Opaline Gourami 4-6" (1)

Any other unique and peaceful fish would be greatly appreciated.

That looks good to me. Have you looked into kuhli loaches? they are long and eel-like like the dojo, only reach 4 inches, and are not territorial. They are very peaceful and they like small schools.

Back
Top Bottom