55 gallon finally started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SYLVERXRS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi again, I just started my 55 gallon sw tank and wanted to know if the equipment I have should be fine for a reef setup.

I have about a four inch sandbed 70 lbs of lr, a magnum 350, red sea prizm protein skimmer, two rotating power heads, an aquafuge 18 hob refugium, and my lighting is a coralife 2x96 watt power compact with one 10k and one actinic bulb with lunar leds.

How is that for starters and I am very open to suggestions.

tia

Sounds like a good start. What brand is the rotating powerheads? Are you using the magnum 350 for water movement or do you have the carbon cartrage in it? If you have the carbon in it you might want to only run carbon a week a month and have it just circulate the water the rest of the month.

Then should I leave nothing in the magnum or run the micro fiche filter. The power heads are by zoo med I know not the best but they move a lot of water.

Cool that sounds like the set up I want to buy. (hopefully next week). I'll have a 3" sand bed. 50lbs of gulf lr (Liverocks.com) Remora protein skimmer w/mj1200 and preskimmer. Also 2*96watt light hood, 10,000k actinic (Blue,full spectrum) w/lunar lights. Finally 2 rio1400 ph's with timer. I don't plan on overstocking it with fish. 8)

Back
Top Bottom