55 gallon rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambinojake

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, i just finished rescaping my 55 gallon lab tank! I got some "mexican river stones" from my neighbor and made two rock piles, one on each side. It is definitely not final, but it is growing on me. Here it is!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405037626.493852.jpg
p.s. the floating green things on the right are lettuce.

Im sure your africans appreciate all of the rocks!(y) can I recommend some smaller rocks to go in the front just so it does not go straight from those rocks to nothing. Other than that it looks great. Also some taller plastic plants (because africans don't play nice with live plants) to go in the back.

Haha i would definitely put some smaller rocks up front but 55 gallons are really narrow, i am going to put in the plants soon, i just wanted to male sure i liked where the rocks were first.
I thought labs were ok with live plants though? Im not going to keep them with live plants but i thought that was ok...

Haha i would definitely put some smaller rocks up front but 55 gallons are really narrow, i am going to put in the plants soon, i just wanted to male sure i liked where the rocks were first.
I thought labs were ok with live plants though? Im not going to keep them with live plants but i thought that was ok...

Oh, well labs may be ok with plants. Im not an expert on Africans in anyway, just a generalization about 90% of cichlids that they tear up plants.

Haha well i don't want to buy plants that will end up floating around the tank... Although i think it would look great.

Not the floating around part

Ok, no live plants then, just some tall plastic ones in the back.

Ugh i am pretty unhappy with the setup... Gonna have to rescape it AGAIN now that i have all the materials and the right mentality lol.

Back
Top Bottom