55 Gallon restocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Been playing around with ideas... Here is what is definiately going in my 55 gallon...

2 Angelfish
2 Bristlenose pleco
6 P. Cory Cats
6 Bloodfin Tetra

I really want some nice color. The gravel, black. The background, black. The two angels that are probably going in there are black... peppered corys, dark... bristlnose, dark. The bloodfins are the only thing in there with nice color.

What else can I put in there, other than neon/cardinal/glowlight tetra (I have those in another tank)?

I forgot about the cherry barbs! I love those... and havent had them in years!

Alright... so... Definitely...

2 Angles,
2 Bristlenose,
6 Corys
6 Bloodfin
6 Cherry barbs

How many more of the bloodfin and cherry barbs do you think I could do? Id rather fill out their schools than add another schooling fish.

Talvari said:
I forgot about the cherry barbs! I love those... and havent had them in years!

Alright... so... Definitely...

2 Angles,
2 Bristlenose,
6 Corys
6 Bloodfin
6 Cherry barbs

How many more of the bloodfin and cherry barbs do you think I could do? Id rather fill out their schools than add another schooling fish.

I'd say 10

I think you could easily start with like 8-10 of each. There is a chance more could fit too, but I always like to start with a base school and add more later if it seems warranted. Cherry barbs were a great idea. Gold barbs are beautiful too IMO. :)

I think you could easily start with like 8-10 of each. There is a chance more could fit too, but I always like to start with a base school and add more later if it seems warranted. Cherry barbs were a great idea. Gold barbs are beautiful too IMO. :)

Figure 8 or so each of the Bloodfins and Cherry Barbs to fill out the schools.

If you decide to go with another schooling fish, I also agree with Gold Barbs, their golden yellow color is a nice bright contrast to silver / reds to some mentioned already. A third possible Barb option is the checkered barb ... small like the cherry / gold with a nice silverish body color.

Back
Top Bottom