Buying more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had them for 2 weeks. Got them and the black fin tetras from petco. The 2 black fin textras I bought yesterday are from a local private owned family store. That fellow said his are healthy but I still put them in the 5 gallon for quarantine. The 28 gallon aquarium is only 4 days old May be why no ammonia no nitrite and no nitrate. I check both tanks everyday for their testing. I am OCD. Lol. But, I also added some fake plants in it yesterday and the tetras seem to like it better now. They swim throughout the whole tank now and going in and out of the plants. Yeah, will start buying fish from this local store and maybe a good online breeder. I want a Bolivian ram but the local store doesn’t have any unless he special orders one. He does have German blue rams but I don’t want one. Fish I have ain’t going to like those hot temperatures. So, I may have to order one online. It will be way in the future. Have to get this 28 gallon tank cycled and established and adjust PH some maybe, to 7.0 to 7.5. The local store has diamond tetras. They are pretty. Woukd like to add them with the black skirts instead of cardinal tetras but not sure.

My tap water has 5ppm nitrate and I keep mostly big fish, and they can muddy the waters quickly (metaphorically speaking), so never zero.

Probably you acquired a compromised guppy, poor little guy. I’ve purchased many fish online. Most come with an added $40 overnight UPS or FedEx fee. I like Imperial Tropicals in Florida and Live Fish Direct in Utah. But do check out local Facebook groups. I am not a FB person myself, but the owner of Imperial Tropicals told me to join his group because of my endless questions. From there (FB) I got into a pair of local groups & found some great prices on fish and tanks. Got two 125s, a 110, a 90 & a 75 all at ~25% of the retail value, same for three very nice canister filters. Many people get into and out of this hobby quickly for various reasons. You can also post in the local FB groups that you’re looking for a specific type of fish. Or ask someone who has the fish you want where she got it from.

I not on Facebook but May get back on it to find local breeders or club. Maybe fish or tanks too. My plan is to get a 75 gallon or 100 gallon and get an Oscar or 2. Maybe an Oscar and 2 fish of another kind. I going to look up those companies and see what they have. Thank ya.

Back
Top Bottom