55g convicts with giant danios?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tigroscr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Recently set up my 55g that I got from a yard sale and moved my gold Severum from another 55g to this one and since I moved him he's being very timid and shy ( but still comes out to eat) I think he might be lonely he's just a little guy about 3 inches. I've heard that I should get some dither fish to help him and was thinking about giant danios. But I also wanted to get 1 convict would the convict be too aggressive for giant danios even though I plan on getting a convict about the same size??

FYI, dither fish are used to get fish to spawn.

He could just be getting used to his new territory. It takes fish a bit to get used to new surroundings.

I wouldn't suggest any other cichlids because sevs can get to be about 8 inches or more. Perhaps catfish? Like synodontis or pictus?

DragonFish71 said:
FYI, dither fish are used to get fish to spawn.

He could just be getting used to his new territory. It takes fish a bit to get used to new surroundings.

I wouldn't suggest any other cichlids because sevs can get to be about 8 inches or more. Perhaps catfish? Like synodontis or pictus?

Ok! Thanks for the advice! Yeah I know they can get big. It's just I've had him in there about a week and he just seems kinda lonely, he was used to having a chocolate cichlid as his tank mate but I wanted him to have his own 55g tank even though they got along fine. I will look @ getting a pictus catfish but there is already a bn pleco in there. Will the bn and pictus get along ok? :)

Back
Top Bottom