55gal stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidy07

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so I have a 55gallon reef tank with one male maroon clown,scopas tang, and flame angel. i have a bunch of soft corals and a med size rbta. What other fish and corals can I add to my tank ???

my equipment include 4bulb t5 fixture, CPR HOB refugium with built in skimmer, for flow i have mp10, koralia evo 750. heater and reefkeeper lite

Hi,
Careful with the flame angel he may decide to start nipping and eating your soft corals. The 55g tank is to small for the scopas tang they grow quite large and a bigger tank is recommended. I have a tomatoe clown, green chromis, and a blue damsel so far in my 55g reef. You could do a goby, blennie, cardinal, or some different chromis all will work in a 55g just don't over populate so probably only add 2-3 small fish to your tank.

Along with what was just stated above, a royal tank, chalk bass, and some others will work in your tank. Check out liveaquaria for ones that will do well in a 55.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that scopas tang will need a much larger tank. 100g+. There aren't any tangs that will do well in a 55g tank. :(

I will be setting up a 40g breeder fish only tank in the future and chose a few fish so far:

1 Dwarf Flame Angel
1 Hawkfish
1 Clown
1 Butterfly

I am still searching and this list may change but it is an example of some of the colorful fish that you can add to your tank. There are lots of options and liveaquaria.com allows you to put in your tank size and it will show you which fish in the spieces will work in your tank.

A lot of the wrasses are very beautiful/colorful also.

Back
Top Bottom