6g fluval edge water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How the **** do you guys do water changes and not have an epic sand storm for 2 days afterwards?!! I have 5lbs of live sand with 5lbs of live rock. I just attempted my first second water change and I can't even see a half inch in the tank lol. Does anyone have any tips or advice when it comes to doing water changes in this tank?

I haven't had any issues since my initial set-up about a week ago,(took almost a day for the tank to clear), and I've been in the tank re-arranging live rock and such a few times since then and stirred it up pretty good. I've siphoned out some water as well to keep it from overflowing when I stick my hand in, and the tank gets a bit cloudy, but its usually crystal clear again in about an hour or so, and I'm using about the same amounts of live sand and live rock....

I was just wondering if anyone did anything to prevent sand going all over the place (I have that really fine powder sand). With my freshwater in the beginning, I used to put a small plate on the substrate and fill it with the water hitting it so my plants and everything else didint to all over the place.

I have the same powder sand, so as I said, I stir the sand up quite a bit but it doesn't stay cloudy more than a few hours not days. Once the tank is full, don't really know what you can do to prevent it even when doing water changes. Although I generally siphon the water with a rubber tube, and let the CUC deal with the sand in that small of a tank.....

I just did an other water change and it did what you described...I guess I just needed to give it some time.

Back
Top Bottom