70 gallon soft reef (for now) bulid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok well I'll keep thinking about it, the flame would be last added so I have some time as I can only afford about 1 fish every couple weeks. So here's my new list
Pair of clowns
Purple fire fish
Royal gramma
Yellow watchmen goby & pistol shrimp
Flame angel OR kole tang OR square tail bristle tooth tang
Foxface lo
CUC to be decided

How does that sound?

Lindsay1718 said:
Ok well I'll keep thinking about it, the flame would be last added so I have some time as I can only afford about 1 fish every couple weeks. So here's my new list
Pair of clowns
Purple fire fish
Royal gramma
Flame angel OR kole tang OR square tail bristle tooth tang
Foxface lo
CUC to be decided

How does that sound?

Sounds good!! Personally, I would go with the kole tang. They're cool. :)

Oh I forgot one of my favorites...carpenter flasher wrasse. Would all those be ok? I read some where that wrasses need to be in groups. Does anyone have experience with that? If so do they need to be certain sexes? I know none of my lfs will have them sexed.

Wrasses don't need to be in groups. I have a carpenters flasher and he's fine by himself. He hangs out with all my other fish.

Lindsay1718 said:
So is that a good list for my tank? Are foxfaces good in reefs? What do you like about kole tangs?

Foxface are fine in reef from what I've heard. They'll eat algae off of rocks too, and they are very cool to look at. :) kole tangs are just cool looking with the bright yellow eye and the stripes that have. They're kinda shy, though, so put him in early if you get one.

Good, so that's my list. I'm getting so excited. When should I add CUC and what should I start with and how many? I know I should add along the way as my tank gets more established, but how many and what to start with?

I rechecked my water parameters
Ammonia is still at .05
Ph 8.5
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

I agree with mrc . Tangs is fun to watch and colorful . I made a mistake besides percula I also get a sabae clown where I have to give it to a friend coz its too aggresive and stressing my coral . Maybe you.cam get few.different kind.of tang . But try to.put them all.at same.time so.they wont fight each.other as long they different shape and color

Lindsay1718 said:
I wasn't planning on getting more than 1 tang.

I wouldn't anways in a 70. It's already the minimum size for the smallest tangs so I wouldnt push it lol

Yeah that's why I was only getting 1. Here's my final list:
Pair of clowns
Purple fire fish
Carpenter flasher wrasse
Royal gramma
Kole tang
Fox face
CUC to be decided

In what order should they go in?

Also there is a thin layer of dust stuck to inside acrylic, is there a good way to get it off? I tried wiping with cloth but it stirred sand up again. I'm also worried about scratching acrylic. Any suggestions?

image-2782369891.jpg

image-3622103988.jpg

Lindsay1718 said:
Yeah that's why I was only getting 1. Here's my final list:
Pair of clowns
Purple fire fish
Carpenter flasher wrasse
Royal gramma
Kole tang
Fox face
CUC to be decided

In what order should they go in?

Also there is a thin layer of dust stuck to inside acrylic, is there a good way to get it off? I tried wiping with cloth but it stirred sand up again. I'm also worried about scratching acrylic. Any suggestions?

This is order I would do:
Kole tang
Fire fish
Fox face
Wrasse
Watchman/pistol
Gramma
Clowns

But that's just me:)

If your gonna do corals I'd say it needs about twice as much rock for coral placement and bring it a bit higher (atleast half way up your tank) for different light intensities.

Back
Top Bottom