70g Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruceanthony

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm upgrading to a 70 or 75 gallon freshwater tank soon. My current tank is 30g. Does anybody have any fish recommendations that wouldn't have been an option in the 30g? So far, I'm planning on clown loaches, kissing and blue gouramis, a frontosa cichlid, and maybe a school of tiger barbs.

Sent from my DROID4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

70g is too small for a school of clown loaches sadly, they get pretty large when full grown. Yoyo or zebra loaches are a better option and have similar personalities and pretty patterns.

For the gourami, I'd go with either the kissing OR the blue morphs, not both. Kissing gourami get quite large and will tend to fight with the smaller blues.

I would also get a bigger tank for the frontosa. You would also need a good filter if you go with the kissing gourami.

Frontosa get pretty big a 70 gallon tank would have to be a grow out tank for them you need atleast a 125

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's the situation: I was given the tank by an older couple I know. They already had the tank stocked with the fish I've mentioned, so I'm kinda stuck with them. I have them in a smaller holding tank right now while I get the 70g set up again. Even in tight quarters, the kissing gouramis (that are already quite large) haven't been aggressive whatsoever. The only aggressive fish in there is the frontosa, and that's only cause he doesn't have enough room right now to claim his own territory. And liveaquaria.com says 70g is the minimum for the frontosa, so I'm not too worried about that yet. And I know clowns need at least 100g, but the 2 I have are still small, around 4 inches maybe. So back to my original question: besides the fish I already have, what are some cool suggestions?

Sent from my DROID4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom