72g coral problems please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I have 2 eBay leds on my 72g bow are these sufficient for my corals because they aren't doing to great they are about a foot or two from the tank should they be lower and try are on the maximum brightness I am really scared because what is going on exceeds all of my knowledge in what to do and I am no nooby at this by any means

What type of corals? What do you mean not doing well? Lighting is only one aspect of keeping corals. Your water parameters would help too. Any fluctuations lately?

No my water quality is good and like my zoas are loosing some color and my frog spawns mouth is open and when I take a picture of my tank it looks dark idk what to do

Turn off the blue channel and take a picture with whites on only. As bribo asked it's hard for us to help you with out your params, flow, wc schedule and so on. Those lights are very powerful and running them at 100% is probably a bad idea, I run my reefbreeders value fixtures at w-40% b-65% (that's over 20 long though)

Ok so I have 2 eBay leds on my 72g bow are these sufficient for my corals because they aren't doing to great they are about a foot or two from the tank should they be lower and try are on the maximum brightness I am really scared because what is going on exceeds all of my knowledge in what to do and I am no nooby at this by any means

Not trying to be mean spirited but you dont have a single period in that post. It makes it hard to read and understand. As far as the question I would lower the lights and up the brightness if I understand right.

It won't let me post a picture otherwise I would post one and last time I checked the parameters are good no ammonia no nitrites salinity is at 31

I'd run the lights lower than 100% and what is calcium/alk/magnesium at? What types of corals?

Isn't 31 a bit high? Most corals like a specific gravity of 1.023-1.026 I had mine peak at 1.030 once and lost a few corals from it also what the temp of the tank?

I was talking about 32 ppm not specific gravity.

My calcium is low, my nitrites and nitrates are high. I just did a water change I am going to add calcium after that. (is the punctuation better?)

Your wc should of replenished your calcium. We need numbers to help. And the corals in trouble. Without that no one can help you

My calcium was at about 320 maybe lower and my nitrites were at .5. And it is my kenya tree, frog spawn, acans, am zoas

Well the nitrites at 5 would be the main culprit IMO. They should always be at 0.

Yeah I had a few fish die and I couldn't did my kit so I went into my lfs and they tested it

Back
Top Bottom