75 gal stocking ideas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turtle71

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello everybody,
I need help to find nice and interesting tank mates for my peaceful 75 gal community tank.
My community includes so far:
1 baby angelfish
6 Guppies
5 Platy
3 emerald green cory
2 mystery snails

I like dwarf gourami but not sure about their personality. Mixed info about that. Are they peaceful and should I have more than one?
How about a second angel?
Swordfish?

The most action I have right now is on the bottom. Everybody loves the algae and shrimp pallets...lol
Top of tank is very empty.

Which fish would like to life with us? I also have real plants. so please no plant shredders :D

hello everybody,
I need help to find nice and interesting tank mates for my peaceful 75 gal community tank.
My community includes so far:
1 baby angelfish
6 Guppies
5 Platy
3 emerald green cory
2 mystery snails

I like dwarf gourami but not sure about their personality. Mixed info about that. Are they peaceful and should I have more than one?
How about a second angel?
Swordfish?

The most action I have right now is on the bottom. Everybody loves the algae and shrimp pallets...lol
Top of tank is very empty.

Which fish would like to life with us? I also have real plants. so please no plant shredders :D

I have a dwarf gourami in my 55 gallon community tank that gets along fine with everyone else (sword tails, neons, guppies, cories, danios, etc.) definitely one of my favorite fish I'm not sure if hed get along with the angel they get a lot bigger and a lot more aggressive as they get older. I also have a bristlenose pleco does a great job keep my tank clean and they don't get as big as the normal plecos, growing to around 5 inches

I have a dwarf gourami in my 55 gallon community tank that gets along fine with everyone else (sword tails, neons, guppies, cories, danios, etc.) definitely one of my favorite fish I'm not sure if hed get along with the angel they get a lot bigger and a lot more aggressive as they get older. I also have a bristlenose pleco does a great job keep my tank clean and they don't get as big as the normal plecos, growing to around 5 inches
- should I get only one male dwarf gourami or male and female? What keeps them happy and less aggressive because I don't want a troublemaker in the tank.
- Is it best to keep only one Angelfish?

- should I get only one male dwarf gourami or male and female? What keeps them happy and less aggressive because I don't want a troublemaker in the tank.
- Is it best to keep only one Angelfish?

Does nobody know? Please help with ideas.
I am also reading mixed up info about red tail sharks. Some say they are friendly and no problem in community tank when only one and other pages say they can get aggressive during feedings.
Asking because my son wants a shark...boys :)

Add 3 more emerald green Cory's. I would look into adding a schoing fish instead of more solar moving top dwellers. Look into a stock of maybe

1- Angelfish
6- Emerald Green Corys
5- Platys.
6- Guppies
2- Snails
1- Dwarf Gourami
12- Lemon or Cardinal Tetra
8- Silver Hatchetfish

That will give you a peaceful active tank:)!

Add 3 more emerald green Cory's. I would look into adding a schoing fish instead of more solar moving top dwellers. Look into a stock of maybe

1- Angelfish
6- Emerald Green Corys
5- Platys.
6- Guppies
2- Snails
1- Dwarf Gourami
12- Lemon or Cardinal Tetra
8- Silver Hatchetfish

That will give you a peaceful active tank:)!

Thank you. My problem is that I read everywhere that Tetras might become food for angels. So not sure if the Tetra is not to small for my Community.
But I like the Hatchetfish.

Not if the angel is still a baby. You will be fine as long as you add them now when it's a baby no problems should occur. I have never seen one eat any tetra bigger than neons and both cardinals and lemons are bigger.

Honestly you are pretty close to stocked right now. Around 75% I'd say. Remember that platys and guppies have a huge bioload and that emerald corys grow to 4". I would add one more emerald cory, one small centerpiece fish (like a dwarf gourami or ram) and add one school of fish.

Back
Top Bottom