75 gallon south american cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's strange I am leaning towards towards a jack pair though like their colors more than severums but would a mated pair be okay with a featherfin catfish as a tankmate.

It's only a 75 gallon though I have heard tin foils need a 125 gallon minimum.

Sorry Thought we were talking about a 125 gallon.

For a 75 gallon, any adult JD or Oscar I'll have solo.

I have 2 Severums in my 95 gal community tank they are so peaceful and don't bother anyone else in my tank ( angels, pleco and a catfish) I am getting a black ghost knife fish in the next week!

And one is a gold severum (male) and the other is a green ( female) I highly recommend you get one, they are very social fish, I hand feed mine
And they swim right up to the glass when they see someone coming!! Excellent fish!

How big of a bioload does a severum have could I do a severum pair a firemouth, 4 silver dollars and a fetaherfin catfish or is that way to much for a 75.

A pair of Severums need a minimum of 55 gal, so having them and a fire mouth is definitely doable. The feather fin catfish would also be fine, but I'm not sure about the silver dollars, just because the Severums and fire mouth do get pretty big (up to 10 inches) and if they don't feel like they have enough room they will get territorial. I'm not sure though, you could get away with having a couple of silvers while the sevs are juvenile but not sure how they'll go when they get bigger!

Well I may just try it and see how it goes or I may get an oscar, silver dollars and featherfin cat right now I am just choosing what I want thanks for the idea though.

an oscar will have to go alone in that tank if you dont plan on upgrading immediately, they grow very fast.

That may be your opinion but I think a 75 is big enough for some tankmates if you have adequate filtration and perform your water changes.

Back
Top Bottom