75 or 90

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G1203

Aquarium Advice Freak
I realize the only difference is in height and price but I'm leaning toward 75 that being it is cheaper (I'm a kid) and I would be able to work/clean it easier. Just wondering what you guys think I should do.

I realize the only difference is in height and price but I'm leaning toward 75 that being it is cheaper (I'm a kid) and I would be able to work/clean it easier. Just wondering what you guys think I should do.

Unless you're keeping angels/discus (tall body fish) then the difference in height won't benefit them. The only benefit would be that it is more water, so chemicals and others bad stuff won't be as concentrated. If you're going to go for a bigger tank, skip the 90 and do a 100, it's a much better footprint for the fish. Since you're on a budget though, keep the 75.

Well I do saltwater so I don't have to worry!!! Lol :)

My advice would be get the biggest one that you can it will save you money in the long run I say this after buying a 55-a 90 then a 180.Save and get at least a 120 this way you can have tangs. Trust me it's only a matter of time lol

i agree with Grizz.
i went from a 20 to a 46 now decided to skip 90 and 150 and going straight to 220. So my advise would be go as big as possible it saves money in the long run.
because you will be wanting a bigger tank :devilish:

Ok I can prob find one on Craigslist cause I can't pay for a $1000 tank!!!!lol:)

What kind of tangs could I put in a 150?

Several would work in a 150g. That hits the magic six foot requirement that a lot of aquarists feel is necessary for a lot of Tangs to thrive.

All of the smaller ones like Kole, Tomini, Two Spot...all of the mimic tangs that I can think of and several of the larger like Scopas, Powder Blue or Brown, Yellow, Convict...

NO Sohal, Naso, Sailfin, Clown...some will argue, but I would not do a Hippo/Regal.

Ok so I could go powder blue and yellow with my clowns?

Back
Top Bottom