75g Cap???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK i got a 20g that is overstock has 2 jacks 1 green terror 1 Alg Eater 1 Small 2inch oscar...I want to know is what all can i put in my 75g? Im not worried bout who will eat who just want to know how fish can i put in 75?
Im also taking suggestions on how i should decorate my 75g i have in plan is white or black sand maybe couple of rock formations make some cave...i dont know has to what to do has of yet? PLz in need of good ideas and plz no bad talking ive heard it all bout the mixxing of my fish....

Here's a Link to My 20g setup ....
http://www.cichlids.com/nc/tank-pictures/pic/20g_Setup_grow_out_tank.html

Attachments

• 20gsetup.jpg
    20gsetup.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 40
what do you mean you don't care who will eat who?
A good way to start is 1inch of fish per gallon of water... but of course that doesn't mean you would put one 12 inch fish in a 10 gallon adn it would be ok.. they need a lot of swimming space.
I would say all of your current fish would fully stock the 75 because they are going to get big and they need a lot of swimming space.

Welcome to AA! :smilecolros:

By algae eater, do you mean a common pleco, dwarf pleco, CAE or SAE? As the cichlids mature only a common plec would be tough enough to withstand their curiosity.

All the fish you have grow to 8 - 12 inches, are territorial, and are very messy for their size.

AFAIK, you can have at most two oscars (both same size) and a common plec in a 75 gal.
If the oscar gets along with the other fish you can keep an oscar and one JD or one GT, along with a common pleco.
If you're willing to part with the oscar, you could probably keep the two JDs and the GT, along with a common pleco.

I would keep the decor simple to make cleaning easier for you. Sand and rocks should be OK - get a heater guard because oscars are notorious for breaking them for the fun of it! All of your cichlids love to dig and tear stuff up, so no undergravel filters or live plants. Plastic plants will be fine if you're OK with replanting them every so often. Ceramic or resin ornaments, and PVC pipe sections could be added to provide hiding places - especially for the pleco.

WildFish said:
the eating who eating thing is were i was told that my oscar could end up eating my other fish.

Yep, and you don't seem terribly concerned about this, thus the comment. :wink:

I completely agree with the above comments - the fish you have right now, believe it or not, will fully stock your 75g. You will not believe how quickly that oscar will grow, and a 55g is not even enough for one. You are not alone, it seems silly to have a 2" fish taking up so much space in a 75 and many people keep them in smaller tanks to start with. I am glad you are upgrading, tho, once the fish grow out it should be a very interesting tank!

Back
Top Bottom