75g tank advice on stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone I have a 75g tank with

3 ropefish
2 blood parrots
1 gibbeceps pleco what other 4-8 inch cichlids could I have and what would be good dithering fish. Thanks for the suggestions

thre not cichlids,but get a rainbow shark,there awesome.in a tank that size you may be able to do 2.

Unless your rehoming fish IMO your on the heavy side already, with the rope fish hitting 18-24" but staying thin, the blood parrots 10", and your Pleco hitting 16-20" there's no more room. Rehome the plec and the rope fish then add a bristlenose and then you'd have room for one medium sized fish.

The sizes of the current fish are

3 ropefish 12 inch
2 blood parrots 4 inch
1 gibbeceps pleco 10 inch

And none of them are growing that fast. But in about a year maybe a little more I'll be getting a monster tank and they'd go in there. Also I have a fluval fx5 on the 75g so I might be able to overstock a little bit cause of that. Thanks for the suggestions

Overfiltering certainly helps some but we all know life happens and what if that monster tank doesn't come for whatever reason, now your stuck with a overcrowded tank trying to rehome the fish while they suffer. My best advice is buy the tank then worry about stocking the fish not the other way around.

Even if the monster tank does come I have an lfs that will give a home to any fish so that would take care of that.

Not too many other cichlids would mix well with the ropefish and parrots, maybe an angelfish. A group of silver dollars would be good, particularly if they'd be moving into the larger tank later.

Back
Top Bottom