75gal wallmount update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cowman345

Aquarium Advice Regular
Decided i need to start working a little on this tank which has been sitting around for 7 months with no fertilizer, food, or pruning.

Planted04.jpg

Current stock: 12 SAEs, 3 Gold Gouramis, 3 Platinum Gouramis, 3 A. Thomasi Cichlids, and a BN Pleco and some plants.

So anybody have any aquascaping ideas? Really wanna do something kinda cool. Thinking about growing moss on the rocks/ground. Just looking for ideas and input... thanks!

-dave-

Looks pretty darned good to me....the red tops on the Rotala are amazing! Maybe keep that in the background and add some more midground plants? the sword in the center is pretty but looks lost, as does the sword/Aponogeton to the left. Some other groups of stem plants with different colors or leaf shapes than the Rotala to fill in the gaps would look good.

Seriously, though....maybe I should just ignore my tank for a while and see what happens! It might look better!

Planted04idea.jpg

idea for making watermelon sword (i think?) the centerpiece... does the empty space in background above the sword work? or should i fill in with some bright green plants to contrast with the red leaves of the sword?

ooh ohh! what about moving the apongeton directly behind the watermelon sword? that might look cool

original idea was to have sag grow up from inside the watermelon sword, but it can't get a foothold there... i think the sword sucks up all the soil-based nutrients!

-dave-

thanks for any input!

-dave-

Back
Top Bottom