8 gallon biocube question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstanle4

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an 8 gallon biocube and I just got a 1200 series pump for it (about 296gph) and I was just wondering if that was too much for that small of a tank. I have a very small (.75 inches) maroon clown and it seems like he is struggling.

Too strong! Should be about 10xs the gal so your gph should be between 80-100. I'd shoot for 100 gives more flow. Keep yours at the top of the water line until you get a different one. U might get away with it if u put a big rock structure in the way

Ok thanks. I thought it was but I just wanted to make sure. What type would you suggest?

I have a Hagen aquaclear ph size 20 for my 10 gal. It's rated for 127gph. Depending on what your live stock is I'd recommend either the size 10 (80gph) or 20 (127gph). There's only like a $4 price difference. If u have a filter too get the 10 if not try the 20 it works pretty well looks nice too. Dont use the tube thing tho it sprays.

Thats the only brand I have experience with but it's good and cheap I use their HOB filter too

Also, ment to ask, what do yall think is the best type of anemone for that yellow striped maroon clown?

Back
Top Bottom