90g- Is a T5ho 54w power glo and roseate bulb a good combo for low light plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been tinkering with lighting options. I'm curious if my combination of a power glo 18k and roseate bulb will be sufficient for my plants? If I'm not mistaken, the bulbs offer the necessary blues and reds. Im a newbie to this forum and brackish. Please advise?

i do believe a 6500k-6700k ''daylight'' full spectrum/tri phospher, bulb is better for plants. power glo and rosie bulbs are also okay the red spectrum dwindles out faster the deeper it goes in water try a life glo and power glo for a very balanced look that will be better for plants

The popular combination is 8000k -10000k and roseatte bulb. I'm going to use a 6700k and roseatte in the future...I would get a 10000k or 6700k instead of the 18000k.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try a life glo w/ power glo. Now, what about submersible heaters? I'm returning all 5 of my stealth pros. Suggestions?

ge fresh-saltwater aquarays 9325k are great bulbs, better than 8000k aqueon, and like$6 at wallmart. try fluval heaters if youlike fancy, the titanium ones look nice, i got a fluval tronic, old school looking but gets up to temp in a couple hours. you will love the rosy-life glo combo, guarentee it!

Doogie- previous post you said life glo n power glo combo. Should I try rosy and life glo? How would you place the bulbs, power glo first and life glo second? Life glo first and rosy second? Petsmart swapped out 2 200w and 4 100w stealth pros for the new aqueon pro heater. Even trade for 2 250w and 4 100w. Very impressed, the temp is +/- .5* whereas the stealth 200w were +/- 2*.

either rosey or power(a pink bulb + life glo)place them however you want as long as they are both on,(life glo can go above plants more...) the light will mix well(will look very natural when mixed). so i can take my marineland stealth heaters to petsmart for a replacement(recall?). i have 2 200w m.l. stealth that came with my 55gs...havent had any problems except they have to be turned up more than they say it should...

Doogie- it has to be the stealth pro, with the red/green led indicator. No receipt or pkging necessary. I didnt even buy them from petsmart . The 250w was on sale for the same price as the stealth pro 37.99. You can exchange, store credit or cash refund because it's a recall.

So far so good, I have it set at 76 and my G6 says 75.8. Pretty good I'd say.

ya, i traded my two steath pro 200w today and got the fluval m series 200w heaters in place of them. will see how good they are. i also have a fluval ''tronic'' 150w that came with a fluval osaka 155(41gallon) tank kit

got a recall notice in the mail from petsmart, took my 2 stealth pro 200w heaters in and got the fluval m series 200w as the replacements. i now have 2 of 3 series that fluval makes and i am impressed, i got a digital lcd thermometer and it is less then a degree different than it says on the heater dial, it goes in odd numbers 69-93 i think, so i set it to 81 and it stays around 80-80.5

Back
Top Bottom